This site is hosted by Yahoo! Store. Yahoo! hosts the store pages, ordering
system, and order data. Yahoo! automatically collects order information but
may only use this information in the aggregate. If you accessed this store
through Yahoo! Shopping, Yahoo! also automatically collects information
about your shopping experience. Please see the
information about how Yahoo! uses this information.
All orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours or the earliest freight out.
SCS believes that communication is key for good relations. After completing your order, we will send you an e-mail verifying your order was received and is being processed.
We also keep you informed of all action being taken on your account (orders, refunds, tracking, follow-up, etc.) through your e-mail address. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly.
If unable to reach you via e-mail, a customer service representative will contact you by the telephone number you provided at the time the order was placed.
Tracking provides users with real-time status information of orders they have placed with our company. Whenever possible, we will e-mail all order tracking numbers to our customers registered e-mail address.
Warranty / Terms / Policies & Procedures
EXPRESSED LIMITED WARRANTY
Limited Warranty. Subject to the exclusions and limitations contained herein,
State County Security, (SCS) warrants all products sold by SCS (“Products”) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for from date of purchase by the ultimate consumer for the period of time set forth below (“Warranty Period”):
All Products except as specified below: Sixty (60) Days, Covert/Hidden Video assembled by Sleuth Gear One (1) Year. Sleuth Gear Covert Video Devices One (1) Year. Tracking Devices One (1) Year, B-Stock Products (Used Returns. Refurbished & Remanufactured Products that are being resold) Thirty (14) Days
This limited warranty is provided only to the person or entity that originally purchased the Product and only for Products delivered within the fifty (50) states of the United States, its possessions and territories or the District of Columbia.
The customer’s sole and exclusive remedy and the entire liability of SCS under this Limited Warranty will be, at SCS option, to repair or replace the defective Product during the Warranty Period at no charge to the customer or to refund the actual purchase price paid to SCS.
If it is impossible or impractical to replace a defective Product with an identical Product, such as at the end of a Product cycle or when an older version of a Product is no longer available, SCS may provide a replacement that is refurbished, remanufactured, and newer or a substantially equivalent version of the defective Product. Repaired or replaced Products or parts will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or ninety (60) days, whichever is longer, with the exception of B-Stock which is thirty (30) days, and are subject to the limitations and exclusions set forth in this limited warranty. If a defect is incapable of correction, or if SCS determines that is not practical to repair or replace the defective Product, the actual price paid by the original purchaser from SCS of the Product will be refunded by SCS upon return to SCS of the defective Product. Any Product or component of a Product that is replaced by SCS, or for which the purchase price is refunded, shall become the property of SCS upon replacement or refund.
Obtaining Warranty Service. To obtain warranty service or information please call:
SCS Security Customer Service at 888 345 4353 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before returning a defective Product, the customer must first receive a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number from SCS.
To obtain warranty service the customer will need to provide SCS with (1) Item Code of the defective Product, (2) the invoice number or purchase order number and (3) details of the Product defect.
After a RMA number is issued, the Product must be packaged securely in the original shipping package to ensure that it will not be damaged in transit, and the RMA number prominently marked on the outside of the package.
The defective Product should then be returned to State County Security. The customer is responsible for the cost of in-bound shipping to SCS. Products sent COD will be rejected.
Products shall be insured by the customer, and SCS will not be responsible for any packages or Products that are lost or damaged in transit to SCS. Return shipments will be by a method substantially equivalent to the method by which the defective Product was shipped to SCS.
Advance Replacement Policy. If an initial Product (not a replacement) that is covered by this limited warranty is defective, the customer may request a replacement Product under SCS Advance Replacement Policy. The customer must, within the Warranty Period, notify SCS as provided for above under the “Obtaining Warranty Service” and specifically request a replacement under the Advance Replacement Policy. The customer’s account with SCS must be current and in good standing.
Customer’s whose terms are C.O.D. do not qualify for the Advance Replacement Policy. The customer’s request must be in written form, signed by an authorized representative and provide SCS with the item number of the defective product, a purchase order or invoice number, and a detailed description of the Product defect.
If notice is received from the customer on or before thirty (30) days after the invoice date for the defective Product, SCS will send as a replacement for the defective Product an A-Stock (new, never sold) Product of equal or greater value and performance. If it is received later than thirty (30) days after the invoice date SCS reserves the right to send a replacement Product that is A-Stock or B-Stock, as determined by SCS in its sole discretion.
The customer’s account will be charged for the total price, including shipping, when the Product is shipped. The customer must return the defective Product to SCS using the procedure described above under “Obtaining Warranty Service.” The customer will not receive credit for the defective Product until that Product is received and inspected by SCS If the Product is determined by SCS to not be defective or is not covered under this Limited Warranty as described below under “What Is Not Covered” then SCS will return the Product to the customer at the customer’s expense, an administrative inspection fee will be charged and no credit will be due the customer.
What Is Not Covered. This limited warranty does not cover Products that in SCS judgment have damage resulting from any
(1) Deviation from Manufacturer\'s operating instructions as printed in Manufacturer\'s catalog or on any packaging, labels or other literature provided with a Product.
(2) Installation of a Product in a manner which is inconsistent with Manufacturer\'s written instructions.
(3) Alteration, modification of or tampering with a
(8) Power surge, static electricity or other electrical discharge
(9) Normal wear and tear
(10) Commercial use
(11) Service by anyone other than a Manufacturer authorized repair facility
(12) Other improper application, installation or operation of the Product.
(13) Have been purchased from inventory clearance or liquidation sales or other sales in which SCS expressly disclaims its warranty obligation pertaining to the Product.
Disclaimer of Other Warranties. Except for the limited warranty specified herein, the products are sold without any warranty of any kind whatsoever including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The repair or replacement of a product or the refund of the purchase price as provided for under this expressed limited warranty is the exclusive remedy of the customer and is provided in lieu of all other warranties, expressed, implied, or statutory. in no event shall SCS be liable, whether in contract or tort, including negligence, for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind, or loss of revenue or profits, or other financial loss arising out of or in connection with the use of a product, relating to warranty service, or arising out of any breachof this limited warranty. Even if SCS has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Governing Law. This Limited Warranty shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York.
For warranty information on Products delivered outside the United States, please contact State County Security
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Effective July 1 2009 the following terms and conditions, including those on the face hereof, constitute an Agreement between the Buyer and SCS Security Products, Inc. (Seller) and are referred to as such:
1. Controlling Provisions: The terms and conditions appearing on the instrument constitute the sole and entire Agreement of the parties regardless of the timing, for or content of other communications between the parties, if any, all of which are merged herein. If Buyer has previously made an offer to Seller, such offer is hereby rejected and the terms of this Agreement shall be deemed a counteroffer. This offer/counteroffer is expressly limited to the terms hereof. Seller objects to the inclusion of any different or additional terms, and non additional or conflicting provisions contained in any other communication from the Buyer will be considered an unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions appearing hereon, without regard to any additional or conflicting terms proposed by Buyer. None of the provisions of this Agreement may be varied, amended, or modified except by a written agreement signed by all of the parties.
2. Prices, Taxes: Prices stated hereon are exclusive of taxes. Sales tax will be charged, where applicable, unless a certificate of exemption is on file with SCS.
3. Payment Terms: Net amount in full per terms as indicated on the invoice to those accounts with previously established credit lines. Purchase may, at Buyer’s option, be paid for with VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Other purchases are paid for by C.O.D. All new accounts are C.O.D. Cash or Credit Card until reviewed and approved by SCS Security Products. Past due accounts may have their credit lines reduced or suspended. Orders shipped to past due accounts will be shipped C.O.D. All overdue amounts will be added to the C.O.D. amount. Products not listed in the SCS catalog are available on special order. A full deposit may be required on special order items. Special orders cannot be cancelled or returned. A twenty-five dollar ($50.00) returned check charge to cover bank and handling fees will be assessed each time a check is returned for any reason by the financial institution. Payments for sales are to be mailed to SCS.
4. Late Payment: Buyer agrees to pay 5% per month on all balances, which are not paid within the invoice terms. Buyer will further pay attorney’s or collection fees of all accounts placed for collection, in addition to all expenses for collection.
5. Deliveries: Deliveries will be made within commercially reasonable time unless a specific delivery time is currently undetermined by the manufacturer or supplier. All shipments are F.O.B. Shipping Point, unless otherwise indicated. Orders are shipped via the Small Parcel Carrier of SCS choice and, unless otherwise requested, via ground service. P.O. Box or APO addresses can only by shipped using the United States Postal Service. C.O.D. Shipments are available only via FedEx or UPS and to addresses, which are attended at all times during the business day. The Buyer is responsible for being available for delivery with payment ready. If a C.O.D. order is refused or unclaimed, the Buyer will be billed for the expenses incurred and agrees to reimburse SCS, promptly upon billing. All shipments are insured at Buyer’s expense.
6. In-Stock Status: At any given time, Seller’s strives to keep all items in its catalog in-stock for at once shipment. Most orders are shipped out within one (1) business day. Orders shipped Via USPS will ship on the following business day. Occasionally we have to back-order an item. Most back-orders ship within three (3) weeks, although some take longer due to limited production of certain highly specialized products.
7. Limitation on Warranties: All merchandise assembled by Sleuth Gear Products . Carry a one (1) Year Limited Warranty on parts and labor. All other merchandise distributed by Sleuth Gear carries a Ninety (90) Day Limited Warranty on parts and labor, these items may further be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, a copy of which is available to SCS customers only. Seller makes no warranty, expressed or implied, including any warranty or fitness for any particular purpose or merchantability. No agent, employee or representative of Seller’s are authorized to bind the Seller to any affirmation, representation, or warranty, oral or written, unless by separate written instrument designed by Seller, which by its terms state that it is included as part of this agreement.
8. Claims: Receipt of goods shall be deemed acceptance of the goods received. All claims for defective goods or revocation of acceptances, for shortages, for delays, or failures in shipment or delivery, or for any cause shall be deemed waived and released by the Buyer unless it is made in writing within (7) days after receipt of goods. All claims must state specifically and in reasonable detail the nature of all objections, and must be accompanied by delivery receipt or photocopy of the sales order or packing slip. Any delivery not placed in dispute in a timely manner shall be paid for by the Buyer and all uncontested amounts due shall be paid by the Buyer with terms specified. As a condition to making a claim for missing or damaged goods sent, the Customer is responsible for initiating and pursuing with the carrier.
9. Limitation on Seller’s Liability: Seller’s liability will be limited to replacement or repair of defective goods upon receipt of goods in a timely manner per paragraph six herein. In no event will Seller be liable for consequential or special damages or for transportation, installation, removal, adjustment or other expenses or losses which may arise in connection with the use or installation of the goods; late delivery, failure to deliver; or from any other cause. Notwithstanding the terms of this Agreement, if there should arise any liability of Seller, such liability shall be limited to an amount equals to one-half (1/2) the costs of the goods or $150.00, whichever is less.
10. Returned Material: Seller will accept most goods for exchange or credit, at the Seller’s discretion within 14 days of purchase date. In no case are goods to be returned without first obtaining Seller’s permission. Only unused goods as currently manufactured, in original unopened packaging and which has been paid for by Buyer in accordance with Seller’s payment terms will be considered, for exchange or credit upon receipt of proof of purchase. Special ordered items, obsolete items and items not in SCS current catalog cannot be returned for credit. Material accepted for credit will be subject to a 30% restocking charge for service and handling. Seller will not be obliged to replace any product that has been abused, improperly installed, or otherwise misused. Items must be returned in their original packaging, securely packed to reach the Seller without damage.
11. Indemnification: Buyer hereunder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Seller, Seller’s shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Representatives”), all of Seller’s affiliates and all Representatives of all Seller’s affiliates from and against any and all lawsuits, losses, damages, actions, causes of action, governmental duties, charges, lines, penalties, costs, expenses or obligations of any kind or nature whatsoever (including attorney’s fees and costs of defense) arising, relating to, or alleged to arise or relate to the actions or inactions of Buyer in connection with this Agreement and/or goods or services to be provided by Seller pursuant to this Agreement. This indemnification obligation shall survive termination, cancellation, or completion of this Agreement.
12. Assignment: This Agreement may not be assigned by Buyer without the express written consent of Seller.
13. Governing Law: This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York.
14. Notice: Any notice or written document required or permitted to be given by Buyer or Seller to the other shall be in writing signed by the party giving such notice and sent to the other party at such other Party’s address set forth on the front of this Agreement (or such other address designated by the applicable party).
15. Severability: If any provision of this Agreement or the application thereof to any person(s) or entity(ies) or circumstance(s) shall be invalid or un-enforceable to provision, each such provision shall be enforced to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Policies & Procedures
Orders can be accepted by Fax: 888 345 4353, phone: 888 345 4353 or email: email@example.com any time a PO number can be provided is helpful. SCS makes every reasonable effort to comply with customers purchase requirement. SCS makes every effort necessary to ensure timely delivery of products but from time to time, we experience supply delays beyond our control. SCS will do our best to communicate supply issue in a timely manner and ask that customers work with us to ensure customers satisfaction.
SCS sends out all packages Direct Signature Required and Insured (at SCS selling price) unless otherwise requested.
From time to time SCS may engage in promotions with respect to certain products. In such events, SCS reserves the right to modify or suspend prices. SCS reserves the right to adjust price on products, at any time, without notice.
SCS considers any item returned to our warehouse a “Return.” This includes unclaimed packages that were shipped to buyer and returned for any reason, i.e. signatories not available, not claimed, etc. SCS is not responsible for any error in our customer’s instructions. You must request a RMA number before returning any item.
All returns must have an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number
Products returned without an RMA may get lost in the process, thereby inhibiting us from crediting, repairing, or replacing your return. Please follow these simple instructions so we can process your return quickly and effectively. SCS will not accept debits for merchandise, all merchandise must be returned and evaluated.
To request an RMA# please call or email our Customer Service Department. This will determine if you need to return the product, all returns are usually sent directly to our warehouse.
Please ensure that the item is in its original condition (including packaging, manuals, warranties, accessories, security seals, and shrink-wrap). We must receive your item back within 15 days of when we issue the RMA. Please allow us 5 - 10 business days from the time we receive the item to process your return.
Note: merchandise returned with missing items are not eligible for a refund. For your protection, we recommend that all returns be sent back via traceable carrier. The customer must pay all costs related to return shipping.
After receiving and inspecting the returned merchandise, we will determine the course of action; credit, repair or replacement. A 30% restocking fee may be applicable on any unused items
Non-Defective Returns: Require PRIOR approval and a valid RMA Number. AFTER you are given a RMA number, you may return most non-defective, un-used items for a refund of the product cost less a restocking fee of 30%. Shipping cost is non-refundable.
When requesting credit on items that are not defective we will issue an in house credit to your account to use towards your next purchase
SCS stands behind all products sold. Items assembled by Sleuth Gear carry a Limited Warranty of One (1) Year. Merchandise distributed by SCS carry a Ninety Day (60) Limited Warranty. All warranty coverage starts from date of purchase by the ultimate customer. Proof of Purchase may be requested by SCS. See our Terms and Conditions of Sale for more information.
SCS will determine if the item is in fact defective upon receipt and inspection, at no time can any item be replaced before the item in question is returned and inspected.
If the item shows signs of misuse, abuse or failure to follow instructions it will not be accepted for warranty consideration.
Items returned, that are being claimed as defective or damaged, WILL BE SUBJECT to a 30% restocking fee if they are found to be in working order. Please ensure you read the manual.
We cannot accept the return of certain items or for credit, including:
1 Open or used products
2 Special order products
3 Fees for service performed or shipping
4 Single use products such as pepper spray
5 Custom built products such as Hidden cameras
6 Activated GPS Tracking devices
7 Counter-surveillance detectors
All Sales on the above listed items are final.
At State County Security, your privacy is kept strictly confidential, your personal information is encrypted and stored on a secure server; fully protected.
We do not share any information about our customers. Our web site does not track any personal information about any user other than the browser that referred you to our site.
Cookies are information that a website transfer to contacting hard drive for record keeping purposes. Most website browsers are set to accept cookies.You may set your browser to refuse such cookies, however, you may not be able to take full advantage of the pertinent information you seek.
Your e-mail address will not be sold, to any third parties. Anytime you wish to be removed from our mailing list just e-mail us at our website. Information is gathered for internal statistic purposes to ensure we provide the best information possible to you our valued customers.
However, we may attempt to collect such information if we believe your use of this website violates any state or local laws. If you do not want this information collected, refrain from patronize us.
If you have already submitted this information and would like us to remove it from our records, please contact us and we will use reasonable efforts to remove your information from our files.
When you do provide us with personal information, we may use that information in the following ways, unless stated otherwise we may store and process your information to fulfill your need. We may also use that information to contact you. Again, we will not provide your information to any third parties.
In order to conduct business with State Count Security all parties must be at least 18 years of age. If a person under 18 years of age has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to request that this information to be removed from our records. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete their information from our files.
By completing any form(s) requesting services from SCS either via mail, Internet, fax, and or phone contact, constitutes you have already agreed to all terms and conditions.
We accept most major credit cards, checks, and money order. If paid by check, checks have to be cleared by institution before orders are shipped.All fee paid by credit card, check, and or money order agrees to the terms, and conditions, of the institution that clear or distributes funds.
SCS reserves the right to make changes to any of our documents, service, and or materials at anytime without prior notification to any person, group, company, or entity.
All expenses you incur for action brought against SCS or partners are your sole responsibility.If you decide not to uphold the policy, then your concern with us will be terminated automatically and become invalid.
Information you seek and is given are Copyrighted thus giving you no ownership and no rights to duplicate, transfer, alter, and or distribute any material without the written consent from SCS.
We at SCS aim to please our valued customers.
Our reputation and integrity will not be compromised.
There are no returns on these items for credit or exchange, including.
Single use products such as pepper spray, check-mate, cell-phone recon, spy cobra, discover or recover it, personal protection, lock picks, spy cameras, digital or analog recorders, night vision, books & videos, activated GPS tracking devices, counter-surveillance detectors, special order products, open or used products, custom built products such as hidden cameras, fees for service performed or shipping. All Sales on the listed items are final.
Every effort is made to ensure accuracy in this catalog; however, we are not responsible for typographical errors. Prices are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for errors, omissions, or misprints. Order fulfillment is subject to availability.
Sales, promotions, or offers on our web site cannot be combined with any other sales promotions or previous purchases. All orders are subject to acceptance by State County Security
See Policy/Privacy for more information.
Monitoring software, Trackers, and Audio Surveillance Devices, Mace, Tasers, Baton, Weapons are designed to be used only in situations in which you are legally permitted to use them. Check your local state and federal laws to ensure that you are in compliance before purchasing and using any products not limited to monitoring, and tracking.